Job Title: Research Fellow in Agricultural Microbiology
The AgroBiosciences program (AgBS) at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University University (UM6P) is seeking applications for a full-time research fellow in the field of Soil Microbiology and plant growth promoting microorganisms(PGPM).
The appointed candidate is expected to engage in ongoing research and publication activities at the AgroBioSciences program, mentor and guide graduate students, teach and serve on various academic committees. He is also expected to be involved the development of new microorganisms-based biofertilizers.
The candidates should hold a PhD in the field of applied microbiology science, plant-microbe beneficial interactions or related field.
The successful candidate is expected to participate in an interdisciplinary team to develop a research program in the broad area of enhancing crop production with a focus on plant-associated organisms and microbial functions in the soil, rhizosphere and/or plant,
Therefore, interest and ability to contribute to interdisciplinary research collaborations is expected.
Ability to engage professionally with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students across the university and externally is required.
Evidence of research and teaching excellence is expected. Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Pursue research support including submission of proposals and coordination with funding organizations.
- Have the desire and ability to teach courses at the undergraduate level as well as courses at the graduate level related to the candidate’s areas of research interest.
- Have a strong collaboration with the program faculty, perform multidisciplinary research, and develop a funded research program.
- Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in international journals refereed by his/her peers.
- Pursue and/or propose scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of his/her field.
- Supervise Master-students, PhDs and Post-docs.
- Organize seminars and workshops.
Criteria of the candidate :
- PhD in soil Microbiology or related field from a recognized University
- Postdoctoral experience in Agricultural, soil science and other related fields.
- At least 2 years’ experience in research in the field of Soil Microbiology
- Experience with plant growth promoting microorganisms (PGPM)
- High publication record in leading international and well ranked journals (at least 3 publications in the last 2 years)
- Ability to generate new ideas, links, and to build upon existing ideas to generate good concepts and solutions
- Experience in supervising Master’s and PhD students
- Experience in conducting fieldwork.
- Positive attitude in changing fast-paced environments,
- Active participant in continuous self-improvement,
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
Located at the heart of the future Green City of Benguerir, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), a higher education institution with an international standard, is established to serve Morocco and the African continent. Its vision is honed around research and innovation at the service of education and development. This unique nascent university, with its state-of-the-art campus and infrastructure, has woven a sound academic and research network, and its recruitment process is seeking high quality academics and professionals in order to boost its quality-oriented research environment.
OCP group (http://www.ocpgroup.ma/en/home), a world leader in fertilizer production plays a great role as a starter client for the University. A new portfolio of client is growing in an open spirit, in parallel with the development of an R&D cluster around the university.
UM6P is a very ambitious university, enjoying ample research funding, moderate
teaching load, and excellent facilities.
In its research approach, the UM6P promotes transdisciplinary, entrepreneurship spirit and collaboration with external institutions, both international ones for developing up to date science, and at continent level to address real African challenges.
All our programs run as start-ups and can be self-organized when they reach a critical mass. Thus, academic liberty is promoted as far as funding is developed by research teams.
The research programs are integrated from long-term research to short-term applications in linkage with incubation and start-up ecosystems.
UM6P offers highly competitive salaries at the international level. Our researchers get incentives through a participation to the intellectual property they develop.
We invite you to visit UM6P virtually via the website : http://visite.um6p.ma/models.php
The AgroBioSciences (AgBS) program is a component of the Science & Technology pole of Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P). It constitutes a structure of higher education and practical-based research with a vision of solving real African agriculture challenges leveraging up to date science and technology.
Oriented towards Africa, AgBS acts in connection with a wide network of universities and research centers around the continent in order to link real field issues with up to date science.
AgBS is composed with four main units:
- School of Agriculture (ESAFE) which is oriented towards graduate studies, in linkage with specific African agriculture scientific challenges. Its vision is to have a recognized reputation in Africa with a strong E-Learning Platform. The majority of the ESAFE students comes from abroad, all around the continent.
- AgriBioTech Research program leverages up to date technologies in the service of African agriculture challenges. It is a multidisciplinary research program with the ambition to conduct relevant and cutting-edge research with a positive impact on the African agriculture.
- Center of Excellence for Soil and Fertilizer Research in Africa (CESFRA) aims to be a reference in Africa for soil analysis, soil mapping and fertilization recommendations.
- African Innovation and Technology Transfer Center (AITTC) is a sustainable farming center that is aiming to develop a network of 14 operational experimental farms in Africa in collaboration with local institutions in order to address real field challenges.
AgBS is linked to a wide network of development institutions that aim to improve agriculture in Africa.
Application process :
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter (maximum 1 page) explaining the motivation for the position
- Contact of at least 2 references, or at least 2 reference letters